Breast Augmentation Miami
Breast Augmentation Miami
Benefits of a Breast Augmentation or Breast Enhancement
Breast Augmentation can enhance appearance and self-esteem. Women, who have undergone this surgical procedure tend to feel more confident leading to improvements in other areas of their lives.
Introduction to Breast Augmentation Miami Surgery
Breast Augmentation surgery or augmentation mammoplasty, is the surgical procedure used to increase voluminosity of the breasts and improve their symmetry by using implants. It is also aimed to restore breast volume lost after weight loss or pregnancy. In addition, this procedure can serve as breast reconstruction after mastectomy or injury which can enhance self-image and confidence of the patient.
Breast Implants Miami
There is now another option aside from saline solution breast implants, Vanity Cosmetic Surgery Center offers silicone gel implants. At Vanity, the doctors will help you decide which type of implant is right for you.
How long do Breast Implants last?
Breast Implants can have a long life. So far, there is no way to predict how long any particular implant will last. Complications can occur such as painful scar tissue and ruptures; therefore, women may need to have them removed. In the event that a saline solution implant ruptures, the body will simply absorb the solution. On the other hand, if a silicone gel implant ruptures, the patient will need to have an MRI scan to detect and confirm that the implant has ruptured. If this were the case, your doctor will most likely recommend surgical removal and a new implant may be inserted at the same time.
Ideal Candidates for a Breast augmentation Surgery
Most women become interested in breast augmentation when they have asymmetrical or sagging breasts as a result of age and pregnancy while others are just not comfortable with the size, shape, or feel of their breasts. Other women may need breast reconstruction after mastectomies, injuries or other related reasons. By Florida law, saline breast implants are available to women over the age of 18, while silicone breast implants are available to women over the age of 22. Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons at Vanity can help you determine whether or not you are a good candidate.
How does Breast Augmentation surgery work?
Usually, implants are placed in one of four locations. The first location places the implant between the pectorals and the breast tissue. A woman with low pectoral tissue may sometimes develop wrinkles of the implants, also known as rippling. The second placement is below the fascia, or fibrous tissue of the pectoral muscle. This placement helps keep the implants in place. The implants may also be placed in the subpectoral plane. Some patients cannot handle this placement due to the movements of their pectoral muscles. The last placement is right beneath the pectoral muscle. Surgeons rarely perform this technique because it requires removing the muscle off the ribs. This technique may cause the breast to move in a deformed fashion. Patients must also choose the location of the incision site. This depends on the body type and personal preference of the patient.
Types of incisions for Breast Augmentation:
- 1. The inframammary incision involves an incision below the inframammary fold. It allows for direct dissection of the breast tissues. Many surgeons prefer this method when placing silicone gel implants. This technique gives them direct access to the pectoral muscles.
- 2. Periareolar technique involves an incision around the border of the areola. This technique produces fewer scars and can be coupled with a breast lift.
- 3. Transaxillary, involves an incision in the armpits. From that incision, the implants can be fed into the breast area. This technique produces a scarless breast augmentation. However, it does require some fine tuning.
- 4. Transumbilical breast augmentation, or TUBA, involves a minor incision in the belly button. The doctor tunnels up the navel area into the breast. This technique also produces a scarless breast augmentation. However, it makes it more difficult to place silicone gel implants.
- 5. The breast implant surgery may be done either under local or general anesthesia. The procedure is done as a one-day outpatient surgery.
Risks related to Breast Augmentation
As any other type of surgery, there are potential risks and complications when you have a Breast Augmentation procedure. Such risks include:
- Patients may require additional surgery
- Capsular contracture.
- Implant ruptures.
- Skin Wrinkling.
- Dissatisfaction with cosmetic results.
- Alteration of Nipple and Breast sensation.
- Calcium Deposits in the tissue around the Implant.
- Risks and complications of surgery are best discussed on a personal basis between the patient and the plastic surgeon.
Miami Breast Augmentation Cost
Breast Implants Cost
Saline vs Silicone
In the US, the average Breast Augmentation costs roughly from $3,500 to $10,000. The main determinant of the price has to do with the implants. Silicone implants usually cost between $800 and $2,000 more than saline implants. The size of each implant also increases the price. If the breasts come with a guarantee, it increases the price. Some guarantees come free with the breast implant. Replacement costs usually count as a second surgery, even with the guarantee.
Does my insurance cover Breast Implants?
When performed for cosmetic reasons, insurance does not cover breast implants. When performed as a corrective surgery, the insurance usually covers the implants. To be safe, you should give a letter to your surgeon from your insurance, which almost always guarantees complete coverage.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Procedure
Preparations before a Breast Augmentation Surgery
In the weeks before the surgery, the patient must undergo a breast augmentation consultation that includes a baseline mammography. The same mammogram should be performed after the surgical procedure. Patients must stop taking aspirin or other blood thinners (unless the surgeon advises to continue them for other medical conditions) two weeks prior to surgery. Patients are required to stop smoking a month before surgery. Smoking reduces the level of oxygen in the blood and can cause delayed healing. Arrangements must be done with a friend or a family member to drive the patient home after recovery, and if possible to stay home with the patient for a day or so. They must also inform their employers of the days to be missed due to surgery.
What to expect the day of the surgery
On the day of the surgery, the patient will be administered a mild sedative. When she falls asleep, the doctor applies general anesthesia. Once the surgery is complete, the doctor inserts drainage tubes and bandages on the newly operated breasts. The bandages are then covered with an elastic surgical bra for support. Afterwards, the patient is taken into recovery where she is monitored for progress. The patient will be allowed to go home after a few hours, unless the doctor decides the patient should stay overnight.
Recovery At Home
After the surgery, the patient must stay in bed for 48 hours. During that time, the patient may feel fatigued. For the following three weeks, the patient may be restricted from certain movements and may require help for household tasks until fully healed. During those weeks, the stitches will be removed. If the patients job does not involve bending or lifting, they may return to work after three days. After a few months, the incisions recover their natural color. It is likely that the breasts will stay swollen for at least a month. Depending on the procedure, the recovery time may be slower or faster. Overall, the TUBA surgery has the fastest recovery time and the least amount of complications. Patients must remember that breasts may continue to grow as the years pass.
Safety Home Measures
- Patients must have their medicine and massage creams within easy reach.
- They must wear loose clothing that does not rub or put pressure over the operated area.
- Either a friend or a nurse must check up on them every so often.
- They must have a healthy supply of foods.
- When the surgeon removes the surgical bra, the patients must wear a sport support bra.
- Cream must be applied over the surgical scars at least once a day.
- Patients must have a friend look after their pets to avoid any harm from them.
Breast Augmentation Frequently Asked Questions
I am not certain about the size of the implant that I want. How do Doctors determine the appropriate size?
I got a breast augmentation about two years ago. I got the implant below my muscles. Could pregnancy could harm the implants?
I got a breast augmentation about two years ago. I got the implant below my muscles. I wonder if the pregnancy could harm the implants?
Which doctors will perform this procedure at Vanity Cosmetic Surgery?
At Vanity Cosmetic Surgery, multiple skilled board certified doctors perform this procedure. Dr. Anthony Hasan, Dr. Jonathan Fisher, and Dr. Siddharth Bass. All board certified and have an acquired wealth of experience, expertise and very high rankings in patient satisfaction. Vanity cosmetic surgery has a team of surgeons who belong to the respected and accredited organizations in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
When can I make my consultation?
Call now to make your consultation 1-800-340-4095 or 305-262-6070
You may also email us at email@example.com
Choose your Financing Options:
The team of surgeons at Vanity Cosmetic Surgery has astounding credibility, impeccable credentials and sky high success rates. Vanity Cosmetic Surgery has some of Miami’s most trusted surgeons offering the best possible service and care for their patients. Our surgeons belong to various professional and scientific societies with many published scientific articles. An overview of their accomplishments and qualifications follows.
- Harvard medical graduates
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Medical and specialist training in applying Botox and Juvederm injections
- Diplomat in Internal Medicine
- Recognition as the most outstanding dermatology surgeon from graduating class
- The world most foremost expert in the field of TUBA procedures with over 20000 successful TUBA breast implants
- Double board certified plastic surgeons specializing in different areas of cosmetic surgery of the body and face.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy for Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society for Moh’s Surgery
- Candidate Member, American Society of plastic Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Florida Board of Medicine
- California Board of Medicine
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Dade County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Society