Blepharoplasty Miami - Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid blepharoplasty , also known as eyelid surgery, is a common procedure in South Florida based on rejuvenating the appearance of the upper eyelids , lower eyelids , or both by reshaping the per ocular tissues and giving you a younger and fresher look to the eyes. Fundamentally blepharoplasty eyelid surgery is done for aesthetic reasons, but sometimes this surgery is performed for visible and functional reasons such as, increased fat and sloughing of the upper eyelids can cause a reduction in the patient’s visibility.
Throughout the years physical appearance changes and physical exhaustion is often apparent on the face and especially in the areas around the eyes. The upper eyelid excess skin can be a major restrain to the eye and could be fatal, causing ptosis produced by muscle fibers that elevate the upper eyelid. The lower eyelid meanwhile also holds great importance in the youthful appearance of the eye due to ocular aging because pockets form in the bottom of the eye, due to the accumulation of orbital fat that occupies much of the orbit. Also there are the horrible wrinkles and dark circles that are just dark spots that form due to exhaustion and lack of sleep between the lower eyelid and cheek.
In Vanity Cosmetic Surgery Miami, Hialeah and Broward we will give you youthful eyelid, make possible that each patient have a young natural look and protection of eye health without visible scars. All these are possible here because of the Vanity ocular plastic surgery or blepharoplasty that are performed by our highly skilled blepharoplasty surgeons.
Specifically, Eyelid Surgery can treat in Miami:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision.
- Excess of fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Bags under the eyes.
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
Would eyelid lift surgery suit me?
Eyelid surgery is usually performed on adult men and women who have facial healthy muscles and have realistic goals of improving the upper and / or lower eyelids and surrounding area. Also for those who have family fallen eyelid heritage that could lead to have this surgery done at an early age.
Good candidates for eyelid surgery procedure are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life threatening illness or medical conditions that can affect healing.
- People with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for cosmetic eyelid surgery.
- People without serious eye conditions.
Preoperative medical conditions to consider before any Blepharoplasty surgery
- Eye diseases such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina.
- Disorders of the thyroid or hypothyroidism.
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders and diabetes.
First Steps to follow in upper and lower blepharoplasty Surgery
The first step is to communicate with one of our surgery centers in Vanity Miami. Our plastic surgeons assess the patient’s general medical condition such as, the proportion of sight, the tear and excess skin and fat in their upper and lower eyelids. The plastic surgeon will make a complete laboratory checkup this should tell the plastic surgeon of your general health condition for example, if you use lenses, if addicted to any drugs or if you are taking any specific medication. Your physician will explain the procedure and will always agree to all the benefits this plastic surgery can provide to the patient. Surgery of the upper and lower eyelids can be performed through a surgical procedure or laser blepharoplasty.
Before the upper and lower blepharoplasty surgery the plastic surgeon will advise the patient of the strict home care to fallow such as, what food to take, to stop any drugs use for at least two weeks before the surgery. The patient should also make sure to go home after and eyelid surgery miami with a relative or someone close, because the patient is not going to be able to see very well and it is still dizzy form the anesthetic, be aware that is very dangerous to return home alone after blepharoplasty eyelid surgery.
Laser Blepharoplasty Miami
Eye eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty acts on increasing destroy skin around your eyes, while eliminating any excess fat and bags in her lower eyelids. In Vanity Plastic Surgery the plastic surgeon perform laser blepharoplasty with the most advance technique in the country, this efficient procedure ensures no keloid scars , swelling with bruises on her eyes and, a short postoperative recovery. Carbon dioxide laser is used for some of the minor eye surgery due to that, is a really fast and uncomplicated procedure that does not leave any marks because there is no scalpel used and, most importantly the patient gets the desired aesthetic result.
Blepharoplasty in Miami is usually performed under local anesthesia, however the use of either local or general anesthesia is an agreement between the patient and the plastic surgeon, also general sedation depends on if the patient wants another facial surgery, and everything depends on the requirements of the patient. This procedure takes one to two hours depending on what the patient wants.
Other ways in which Blepharoplasty Surgery can be performed
Surgery of the upper and lower eyelids can also be performed in two different ways especially when patients are under 45 years:
- It can be carried out through a small incision on the upper eyelid to remove the bag and saturated fats with a fine line that has no visibility scar and helps tighten the skin.
- It can be carried out internally via an incision on the inside of the eyelid, which removes fat through the mucosa of the eyelid. This procedure does not need the use of stiches as the tissue can heal itself. Some patients use special glasses after this type of surgery to protect from sunlight.
- You can use cold compresses to help the swelling and bruising that occur after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- In case of any discomfort or pain you should contact your plastic surgeon are , which are available 24 hours a day or you can take painkiller because pain is normal after any surgery.
- Always keep your head elevated above the body.
- You must apply eye drops or ointments that help healing.
- The first days you will notice discomfort in vision and photophobia this will disappear within a few days, so we recommend wearing sunglasses.
- If there were items used in your eyelid surgery will be removed one week after your surgery.
- You can physical exercises after 4 or 5 weeks.
- If you use contact lenses normally you can only after first 2 weeks after blepharoplasty.
Risks of blepharoplasty Miami
In Vanity Cosmetic Surgery Miami, Hialeah, Plantation our cosmetic surgeons are experts in eyelid surgery so that the risks are minimal, but patients should know that there are some postoperative risks so you should be very careful and follow all of your doctor recommendations. We can mention for example:
- Infections in the operated area.
- Bleeding or reactions to anesthesia.
- Double or blurred vision.
- The upper eyelid should extremely taken care of as the elevator muscle is in this area.
- Lower eyelid retraction may occur. This problem causes the eye’s lower lid to be below normal and the eye will be more open than their natural physical composure.
Double Eyelid Surgery or Asian Blepharoplasty
Double eyelid surgery or Asian blepharoplasty is a simple surgery, is basically a derivation of the common blepharoplasty surgery. This procedure removes small amount of skin and fat deposits. It creates a natural fold because the incisions are close with fine sutures. After surgery, the scars will be completely hidden in the crease. For this surgery the patient does not need to be sedated and can go home after 2 or 3 hours after the surgery. This procedure is very common in Asian women seeking double eyelid, because they were already born with racial Asian characteristics, which is nothing more than the accumulation of fat and thick skin in this area.
Cost of eyelid cosmetic surgery
Eyelid blepharoplasty in Vanity Miami is a cosmetic procedure that costs only $ 1000 to $ 5000. Most insurance companies do not cover the plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons but, for medical reasons they do. In Vanity we offer a full financing service.
Blepharoplasty Frequently Asked Questions
When can I make my consultation?
Call now to make your consultation 1-800-340-4095 or 305-262-6070
You may also email us at email@example.com
Choose your Financing Options:Vanity Miami offers the best financing options if your are considering to undergo any cosmetic procedure with us.
The Surgical Team
The team of surgeons at Vanity Cosmetic Surgery has astounding credibility, impeccable credentials and sky high success rates. Vanity Cosmetic Surgery has some of Miami’s most trusted surgeons offering the best possible service and care for their patients. Our surgeons belong to various professional and scientific societies with many published scientific articles. An overview of their accomplishments and qualifications follows.
- Harvard medical graduates
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Medical and specialist training in applying Botox and Juvederm injections
- Diplomat in Internal Medicine
- Recognition as the most outstanding dermatology surgeon from graduating class
- The world most foremost expert in the field of TUBA procedures with over 20000 successful TUBA breast implants
- Double board certified plastic surgeons specializing in different areas of cosmetic surgery of the body and face.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy for Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society for Moh’s Surgery
- Candidate Member, American Society of plastic Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Florida Board of Medicine
- California Board of Medicine
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Dade County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Society